lexaschicboutique

by - 7:12 AM

Today I wanted to share a little bit about the online store I created, lexaschicboutique. I have always loved to design and create things, so I combined this love with my passion for fashion. My online store, just like my blog, has been my outlet for creativity, and has given me the ability to express myself as well as my personal style. 

My idea to create a jewelry store began in the summer of 2016, but I had originally planned to create an etsy shop. One night, purely for fun, I used the website squareup.com to attempt to create an online store. I had just planned to create an online shop simply because I believed the process would be fun, but I never really thought I would follow through and actually use my website. I was very pleased to find that setting up my shop was quite easier than I had expected. I had a blast designing my shop, so I decided to use this as the platform for my store rather than etsy, and by mid August, my store was complete.

I decided to donate 5% of all of the sales I make to Mutts Matter Rescue. I adopted my dog Murray from this organization, so it is very special to me. This organization rescued Murray from a Puppy Mill, which are large breeding facilities whose only interest is profit (from pet stores buying their puppies). These puppy mills do not care about the health conditions of the dogs, as long as they are making income. Sanitation conditions are intolerable, and often dogs are found stuffed into tiny cages living among their feces and urine. Their skin is dry and itchy from ticks and fleas, and their fur is long and matted. These dogs are starved and malnourished, and during the occasional times in which they are fed, they are left to fight each other for the small amount of food that is provided for them. Many dogs suffer from blindness, deafness, joint disorders, kidney and heart diseases, epilepsy, and even life-threatening illnesses that are passed on to their puppies. There are even times when dogs die and are left in their cages for weeks among the other dogs. Puppy Mills are inhumane and cruel, and by donating a small portion of my sales to Mutts Matter Rescue I hope to raise awareness and help rescue dogs from these horrible places.

Now that I have shared about the background behind my store, I thought I would show you a few pictures of the jewelry and accessories that I am currently selling!

Link: https://squareup.com/store/lexaschicboutique

















You May Also Like

0 comments